You see, here in the Allison household, we have a new problem…
1. Girl meets caterpillar. A look of pure joy overwhelms her face.
2. Girl lovingly strokes and pats caterpillar. “Hi, wittle catapilla. I Mary Gace,” she says.
3. Caterpillar love fest continues. I repeatedly remind girl to “be gentle. We don’t want to hurt another bug, Mary Grace.”
4. Girl poses with barely-hanging-onto-life caterpillar, with a look of innocence that would trick any bystander.
5. Mom squeals while girl squeezes yet another bug just a little too hard.
6. Girl doesn’t buy the “your caterpillar is sleeping” story this time and revolts against the no-more-bugs-for-you-today rule.
7. Repeat… with any and every squirmy, slimy bug imaginable. Gross.
** unrelated side note: please disregard the obviously dead lilies in the background. let’s not even go there.**